The EU’s competition watchdog says her record-sized €4.34bn ($5bn; £3.9bn) fine against Google is a result of its illegal behaviour rather than any anti-US sentiment.
Margrethe Vestager told the BBC’s Europe reporter Gavin Lee that the tech firm had struck improper agreements with handset-makers to ensure buyers used its search engine rather than rivals’.
Google intends to appeal.
Computers and Software Buyers Guide
Compare Computers and Laptops
Mobile Phones Buyers Guide
- Mobile Phones Buyers Guide
- Mobile Phones Accessories Buyers Guide
- All in one Printers Buyers Guide
- Fax Machines Buyers Guide
- Home Telephones Buyers Guide
Compare Mobile Phones
- Compare Mobile Phones
- Compare Mobile Phone Accessories
- Compare Smart Watches
- Compare All in One Printers
- Compare Fax Machines
- Compare Home Telephones
- Compare Home Telephone Accessories