Police in a Phoenix suburb say a self-driving Waymo vehicle was among five cars involved in a collision, but no serious injuries were reported.
The driver of the Waymo vehicle told Mesa police that the car was not in autonomous mode at the time of Saturday night’s crash.
Witnesses say another car failed to stop for a red light and crashed into the Waymo vehicle as it was turning left.
The car then struck three other vehicles.
Waymo, whose parent company is Google, did not immediately return a message seeking comment Sunday.
Self-driving vehicles have come under fire since an Uber vehicle in autonomous mode with an operator behind the wheel fatally struck a woman in nearby Tempe.
A Waymo vehicle was struck by a red-light runner last month in the Phoenix suburb of Chandler.
Computers and Software Buyers Guide
Compare Computers and Laptops
Mobile Phones Buyers Guide
- Mobile Phones Buyers Guide
- Mobile Phones Accessories Buyers Guide
- All in one Printers Buyers Guide
- Fax Machines Buyers Guide
- Home Telephones Buyers Guide
Compare Mobile Phones
- Compare Mobile Phones
- Compare Mobile Phone Accessories
- Compare Smart Watches
- Compare All in One Printers
- Compare Fax Machines
- Compare Home Telephones
- Compare Home Telephone Accessories