Do you remember the classic Windows games from back in the day? Cruel, Freecell, Golf, Pegged, Reversi, SkiFree, and so on? For all the great AAA games that are now available elsewhere, there are only a few that can hold a candle to these nostalgic freebies.
Of course, the one game that rules above all others is Minesweeper. There was something insanely addictive about trying to reveal all the little squares without blowing yourself up.
While the fact Microsoft no longer ships Minesweeper as part of the operating system is a massive shame, it doesn’t mean you can’t play the classic game!
How to Play Minesweeper on Windows 10
To play Minesweeper on Windows 10, you just need to grab the Best Of Windows Entertainment Pack. It’s available for free from archive.org.
It includes 10 classic games: Cruel, Freecell, Golf, Pegged, Reversi, Snake, Solitaire, Taipei, Tictactics, and—most importantly—Minesweeper. The app also includes MS Paint and an old version of Windows calculator. The app will run on any 64-bit Windows system thanks to its 32-bit architecture.
To download Minesweeper, follow the instructions below:
- Visit archive.org/details/BestOfWindowsEntertainmentPack64Bit.
- In the panel in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, click on Download.
- You have two download options: a torrent or individual EXE files.
- The torrent version includes all the apps in one file, or you can download the EXE files on an app-by-app basis.
- Once the download has finished, install the Minesweeper app (along with any other games you want.
- Double-click on the newly created desktop icon to launch the game.
Remember, these old Windows games aren’t the only classic games on Archive.org; you can find lots more freebie classics if you know where to look. Who knows, we might even see one of these games get a sequel one day!
Computers and Software Buyers Guide
Compare Computers and Laptops
Mobile Phones Buyers Guide
- Mobile Phones Buyers Guide
- Mobile Phones Accessories Buyers Guide
- All in one Printers Buyers Guide
- Fax Machines Buyers Guide
- Home Telephones Buyers Guide
Compare Mobile Phones
- Compare Mobile Phones
- Compare Mobile Phone Accessories
- Compare Smart Watches
- Compare All in One Printers
- Compare Fax Machines
- Compare Home Telephones
- Compare Home Telephone Accessories