The Aintree Grand National may be the only horse racing event you follow this year, so where do you start? We explain when it is, how you can watch the Grand National 2018 live (even from outside the UK), which horses are running and how you can place a bet.
When is the Grand National 2018?
The Grand National takes place at 5.15pm on Saturday 14 April 2018.
Which horses are running in the Grand National?
At this early stage the final list of horses running in the Grand National has not yet been decided. However, the maximum number of horses allowed to run is 40, so we’ll see some dropouts from the list below and should get a final list on Friday. (You can still bet now, and you’ll be refunded if your horse doesn’t run.)
|Grand National 2018 Horses||Current odds at Ladbrokes.com (11/04)|
|The Last Samuri||16/1|
|Baie des lies||16/1|
|Gas Line Boy||25/1|
|Vieux Lion Rouge||25/1|
|I Just Know||25/1|
|Alpha Des Obeaux||33/1|
|Raz De Maree||33/1|
|Bless The Wings||40/1|
|Houblon des Obeaux||50/1|
|Chase The Spud||50/1|
|The Young Master||50/1|
|Thunder And Roses||66/1|
|Walk In The Mill||66/1|
|Road To Riches||66/1|
|Splash of Ginge||66/1|
|Henri Parry Morgan||200/1|
How do you watch the Grand National live?
In the UK the Aintree Grand National will be broadcast on Channel 4.
You can tune into channel 4 on your TV, or watch live online on a PC or laptop at channel4.com/now/C4.
If you’re using an Android phone or iPhone then download the free All 4 app from Google Play or the App Store, then tap the three horizontal lines icon at the top left and choose Watch Live.
Alternatively, there are TV apps such as TVPlayer that let you stream Freeview content from all the main channels – get it now on Android or iOS.
We recommend you double-check you’re connected to Wi-Fi rather than a mobile data connection for all the above options. And, as a side note, you really should have a UK TV Licence.
If you have placed a bet on the Grand National, you will also be able to stream the race live through the website or mobile app that you used.
For those watching from outside the UK, if you have any problems with any of these feeds you will need to install a VPN. Our pick of the best is NordVPN.
How do you bet on the Grand National?
A number of websites will allow you to place a bet on the Grand National 2018, including William Hill, Paddy Power, Coral, Betfair and Ladbrokes. We’re using the latter here. You will need to be 18 to place a bet in the UK.
- Sign up for an account at Ladbrokes.com, then visit this page
- Select any horse on this list by clicking the box that contains the current odds
- At the top right of the screen you’ll see your bet slip. Enter how much you want to bet in the Stake box
- Ladbrokes is paying out on places 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, which means even if your horse doesn’t win you could get some money back. To qualify for this you must tick the EW box, though this will double your stake
- Now click Place Bet. If you have no funds in your account you will be prompted to deposit some money
Previous Grand National winners
2017: One For Arthur
2016: Rule The World
2015: Many Clouds
2014: Pineau De Re
2013: Auroras Encore
2012: Neptune Collonges
2010: Don’t Push It
2009: Mon Mome
2008: Comply or Die
2007: Silver Birch
Follow Marie Black on Twitter.
Computers and Software Buyers Guide
Compare Computers and Laptops
Mobile Phones Buyers Guide
- Mobile Phones Buyers Guide
- Mobile Phones Accessories Buyers Guide
- All in one Printers Buyers Guide
- Fax Machines Buyers Guide
- Home Telephones Buyers Guide
Compare Mobile Phones
- Compare Mobile Phones
- Compare Mobile Phone Accessories
- Compare Smart Watches
- Compare All in One Printers
- Compare Fax Machines
- Compare Home Telephones
- Compare Home Telephone Accessories