Facebook’s announcement yesterday that it would be sending less traffic to brands and publishers sent its stock down this morning. But the move has been a long time coming.
Facebook’s share of external web traffic to publishers declined to 24 percent in January, down from nearly 40 percent this time last year, according to new data from Parse.ly, a digital analytics company.
Google, meanwhile, has again become the main source of referral traffic to publishers, with 43 percent coming from the search engine, up from 34 percent at the beginning of 2017.
Computers and Software Buyers Guide
Compare Computers and Laptops
Mobile Phones Buyers Guide
- Mobile Phones Buyers Guide
- Mobile Phones Accessories Buyers Guide
- All in one Printers Buyers Guide
- Fax Machines Buyers Guide
- Home Telephones Buyers Guide
Compare Mobile Phones
- Compare Mobile Phones
- Compare Mobile Phone Accessories
- Compare Smart Watches
- Compare All in One Printers
- Compare Fax Machines
- Compare Home Telephones
- Compare Home Telephone Accessories